The Online Incorporation Process
- LawDepot’s Standard Incorporation Service Fee: $79-$99
- Government Fee: varies by province
- Name Search: varies by province
Incorporation Documents and Supplies
Corporate Services (Alberta & Ontario)
Naming Your Business
- Distinctive element, such as a location or name (e.g. Boston, Corus, McCain). It cannot refer to the quality of the product or service (e.g. fast).
- Descriptive industry term that suggests the nature of your business, or describes what the business does (e.g. Pizza, Entertainment, Foods)
- Legal suffix at the end (Ltd., Inc., Corp., Limited, Corporation, Incorporation).
Other naming tips to follow:
- Make it unique. In order to incorporate, your name must pass a corporate name search and be approved by the federal or provincial government. To increase the chances of your name being approved, you must combine the distinct elements mentioned above.
- Do your research. Conduct research in your industry prior to submitting a corporate name. Make sure it’s not too similar to another business, individual, or term where it might cause confusion.
- Avoid using words that might wrongfully imply your company is associated with the government or royalty. (e.g. Association, RCMP, co-op or co-operation, Parliament, bureau, certified, ministry, secretariat).
- Avoid profanity and misleading terms that do not properly represent your business.
- Try not to limit your name to a particular geographical location.
Corporate Name Search, Approval, and Protection
- Ask you to submit another name to be searched
- File Articles under a numbered corporation
- Cancel your incorporation filing